General Data Protection Regulations 2016
You may have heard recently about the General Data Protection Regulations which were put into law in 2016.
As of 25th May 2018, the Legislation states that all organisations, large and small must be compliant. Failure to comply could lead to some of the most expensive fines ever given and potential compensation claims. Here are the basics that we all have to adhere to:
· All staff, who could be regarded as Data Processors or Data Controllers are required to have necessary regular training.
· An Audit is required to identify any potential concerns in regards to Data Protection
· Several policies need to be written or updated to reflect the GDPR
· Every organisation must appoint a Data Protection Officer where they deal with Personal Data
· All IT systems must be checked for their compliance with the GDPR
· Any Information requests by Solicitors or Organisations such as the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) must be honoured, within a timely response and (unless in exceptional circumstances) provided free of charge.
· And several more issues must be addressed
If you are one of the many organisations who are struggling to understand or implement these new processes, 3CP Training is here to help. Here are some of the services we provide at a cost effective price:
· Training courses for all Data Processors and Data Controllers that we can tailor make to your industry. We have already been providing this training since 2015.
· Audits for your organisation including a Data Flow Map which is required by the Legislation as well as solutions to any potential breaches
· A Data Protection Officer Service, to avoid the need of employing a new (and for the most part expensive) member of staff. Our Information and Consultancy is provided by staff who hold the CDPO (Certified Data Protection Officer) qualification and experience.
· We can audit your IT systems and provide you with the nationally recognised Cyber Essentials Certificate via one of our partners at a cost effective rate
· Any Cloud systems used by your organisations can be transferred to a GDPR Compliant Provider by our partners at a cost effective rate
· And many more services.
If you are interested in how obtain compliance or how we could assist you in this matter. Please call us on 07535 739 598, or email us at .